You might also like
With more than double the amount of protein than most standard grains, quinoa is quickly becoming a staple grain in many meals. Try this great Quinoa Tabouli recipe below and we’re sure you’ll be hooked too!
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4 people
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2tbsp fresh mint
- 1 ½ cups parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place quinoa in a colander and rinse several time rubbing the grains together to remove the bitter outer layer.
- Place 2 cups of water and quinoa into a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and leave to one side to cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into small squares. Thinly slice the spring onions and finely chop up the parsley. Place tomatoes, onion and parsley in a bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil and fresh chopped mint.
- Stir in quinoa and add salt and pepper to taste.